Following the previous round of successful workshops and requests from industry for a follow up, 10 locations have been identified for the delivery of a newly developed TMC workshop
ABOUT THE TMC WORKSHOPS
The TMC role as outlined in the CoPTTM has grown during recent years and as such it was identified as an area that required further training for the individuals appointed to the position.
The role has also been identified in the newly proposed Training and Competency model as a key position in the management of TTM and associated tasks carried out within the road reserve.
The 2-day workshop focuses on legislative requirements relating to the role; a more in depth understanding of the application of CoPTTM; an in-depth discussion and confirmation of understanding of the application of Temporary Speed Limits for differing worksites and environments and other topics as detailed below.
WHAT IT COVERS
The workshop covers the following steps:
- The TMC role
- Regulatory authorisations
- Recording Network activities
- Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Setting Local Conditions
- Statutory Obligations
- Reviewing approval documentation (eg TMP, consent to work, other authorisations)
- Delay Calculations
- Journey Management
- Completing a TTM audit/review.
During the workshop network management tools will be shown. Follow-up training sessions can be arranged with practitioners for each of the options shown. A list of these practitioners will be made available during the workshop.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ATTENDANCE
To be eligible, attendee’s must:
- Be in the role of TMC for either NZTA or a TLA
- Hold a current STMS warrant (CoPTTM requirement for the TMC role)
- Be able to navigate CoPTTM (preferably on Laptop or Tablet) to find required information
- Be able to clearly express an idea in writing (for completing test scenarios)
- Please complete the registration form, to reserve a place at the workshop and to receive joining instructions. This workshop will be restricted to 15 attendees.
- Contact for further information: Neil Maitland: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendees are responsible for their own travel and accommodation and Meal expenses.
- If there is a need to discuss the workshop, please contact either:
AREA LOCATION AND WORKSHOP ATTENDANCE VENUES
|Location Of Wksp||Main Area Covered||May attend from||Venue Address||Accommodation Room Only|
14 & 15 Aug
|Napier, Hastings, Wairoa, Gisborne, Central Hawkes Bay , Tararua||Tararua||East Pier Hotel.50 Nelson Quay Napier email@example.com||$160 No accommodation on 15th|
11 & 12 Sept
|Whanganui, Rangitikei, Ruapehu, Manawatu, South Taranaki, Stratford, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Tararua||Horowhenua||Kingsgate Hotel 379 Victoria Avenue Whanganui firstname.lastname@example.org||$130|
9 & 10 Oct
|Hamilton, Waikato, Thames, Coromandel, Hauraki, Waipa, Otorohanga, Waitomo, Matamata-Piako, South Waikato||Distinction Hamilton Hotel 100 Garnet Ave Te Rapa Hamilton email@example.com||$150|
17 & 18 Oct
|Far North, Kaipara, Whangarei||Rodney, Albany, Waitemata, Gulf, North Shore||Distinction Whangarei Hotel 9 Riverside Drive Whangarei firstname.lastname@example.org||$148|
13 & 14 Nov
|Dunedin, Oamaru, Clutha, Central Otago, Queenstown Lakes, Southland, Invercargill, Gore||Waitaki, Waimate, Mackenzie||Distinction Dunedin Hotel 6 Liverpool St Dunedin email@example.com||$175|
20 & 21 Nov
|Auckland Transport||Kaipara, Thames, Coromandel, Hauraki, Waikato||Jet Park Hotel 63 Westney Road Manukau Akld Airport firstname.lastname@example.org||$258 incl breakfast|
12 & 13 Feb
|Christchurch, Hurunui, Waimakariri, Selwyn, Kaikoura, Ashburton, Timaru, MacKenzie, Waimate, Waitaki Westland, Grey,||Distinction Christchurch Hotel 14 Cathedral Square Christchurch email@example.com||$175|
26 & 27 Feb
|Wellington, Hutt City, Upper Hutt, Porirua, South Wairarapa, Carterton, Masterton, Kapiti Coast, Horowhenua||Tararua||Capital Gateway Motor Inn
1 Newlands Rd, NewlandsReservations 0800 4 CAPITAL 0800422748 firstname.lastname@example.org
12 & 13 Mar
|Rotorua, Tauranga. Western BOP, Kawerau. Whakatane. Taupo, Opotiki||South Waikato||Distinction Rotorua Hotel 390 Fenton St Rotorua email@example.com||$175|
27 & 28 Mar
|Nelson, Tasman, Marlborough, Buller||Kaikoura||Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Hotel 6 Point Road Stoke Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org||$206 Limited accom on 26th March|